GROUP CHILDBIRTH CLASSES
SIGN UP NOW!
Become confident for your birth, reduce fear, and learn how to have a more positive experience. Learn how to become an active participant in your birth, and how to include your support person in your birth experience.
Childbirth classes are good opportunities to learn about what to expect during pregnancy, in childbirth and the early postpartum. These classes are geared towards expectant parents in the second and third trimester of pregnancy and helps to prepare families in Southern Manitoba to be prepared for labour, birth and to help them make a postpartum plan.
These sessions focus on aspects of labour and birth, breastfeeding, what to expect after delivery and bringing baby home. Cost: $200.
- How labour works (signs, stages of labour, when to go to the hospital)
- Coping Strategies and comfort measures( such as positions, pressure points, breathing and more)
- Pharmacological pain relief options (for hospital births)
- Informed decision making
- Interventions (such as induction, c-section, forceps and vacuum)
- Optimizing pushing
- Your birth team (such as partner, doctor, midwife, doula)
- First hours with baby (baby bonding, feeding, medical procedures)
- Bringing your baby home and the postpartum plan
- Postpartum recovery
- What to bring to the hospital
PRIVATE CHILDBIRTH CLASSES
Don't have time to take the full series? Would you prefer a more private setting? Need a class tailored to your specific needs? Call Babby Penner and book private childbirth classes!
Private classes 6-hour class in the comfort of your home. In the private classes Babby Penner will cover all that is discussed in the group classes but in a more condense manner and in a private setting.
Private classes can be arranged for smaller groups as well (maximum of 3 couples)
Investment: $300 for 1 mom + partner
$550 for 2 moms + partners
$800 for 3 moms + partners
PARTNERS ARE WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE!